Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Diaper Cakes!




Sounds gross, right? ;)  Read on.....
A reader wrote to me and asked me to post this.  If anyone wants to help her, give her a call directly. I'm all about trying to help 1) women in business 2) people with creative ideas trying to get them off the ground 3) people who would take the time to write to me asking me for my help.  Here ya go, girl!
"I used to make diaper cakes in US, and mostly, used to gift them to friends/family. But having moved here and not being able to adjust to the work/social environment here, I decided to develop my hobby into business (if at all possible).
The problem is that having been away for all these years, I have lost touch with most of my old contacts and the ones I'm in touch with are not the right customer base.
I know this was pretty successful in the States, but never thought of starting up a business then. And here, I'm having a hard time getting the concept clear amongst the public.
I even spoke to a couple of gift shops, but everyone comes back saying that this concept would not flourish."
Personally, I think it is a great idea.  There are always naysayers here in Kuwait - who then turn around and steal your idea.  This is cute and creative and I hope someone will see the post and be able to further it for you.

More from them:

"Pampy Hampy- Hampers made of Pampers      

The latest rave at Baby Showers, kids birthdays & Parties today are DIAPER CAKES! (Gift hampers made of diapers for new borns and infants)

Diaper cakes make ideal new baby gifts - perfectly practical, and adorably unique.
 
These are non-edible but are 100% USABLE and parents of new borns and infants would cherish your unique gift FOREVER.

These are custom-made for boys, girls, unisex(neutral) and as per different themes and individual interests. 

What better can you gift the parents of new borns or other infants wearing diapers, than these Hampers, which are custom made as per each order.
           
If you wish to purchase one of our fabulous diaper cakes,you can contact us.   
           
Not to worry,if you have a budget in mind,we will work with you to  create one of our non-edible cakes per your requirements.
           
All these cakes are securely wrapped and can be delievered safely to its new home.    
To view samples, add "Pampy Hampy" on to your friends list or email: pampyhampy@gmail.com or call us at 55888085/97215376 "


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its a great idea and I've justread a blog about Jelly Beans Expo in 360 mall that convinces me you are on a winner! The company has gifts of a similar nature to yours so they MUST be popular.Yours though are unique which has to be a great selling point! Keep knocking on doors someone will see sense, Good luck xx

ESSOG said...

Nice idea!

Anonymous said...

can't eat it, wear it, talk into it or drive it
and it doesn't have chocolate
hhhmmm don't expect big sales in kuwait

Desert Girl said...

Anonymous 12:03 - uh hel-loooo, it is something a baby wears and looks edible...

Anonymous said...

lemma guess?
you're in marketing?

Pampy Hampy said...

Thank you guys for such encouraging comments :). New concepts always take a while to be successful, I guess. You can email me at pampyhampy@gmail.com, call me at 55888085/97215376 or add "Pampy Hampy" on to your facebook friends list to see sample pics.
Thanks so much DG for posting this here. I was surprised to see it here... :) You rock! xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow... it looks great!! I am telling all my family friends about this...I'm pretty Sure that you will get good response. Good luck for your innovative work.
Keep it UP!!
Fatima

Sydbarrett said...

WOW this is innovative...imean i've heard of these kind of diaper cakes but to see someone coming up wid em in kuwait is awsme...it actually can be a perfect gift for new born babies...something that looks good and is very much usable for the baby...saw d pics on ur page...pretty impresive...i think im gonna get in touch wid you pampy hampy...a friends baby on d way...this is a unique gift idea for him.

marie said...

uhmmm these are in kuwait? uhmmm

Desert Girl said...

Marie no - they are in Antartica....

Pampy Hampy said...

hahaha @ Marie and DG!

Yes Marie, these are very much in Kuwait(Salwa) and can be delivered to your doorstep. :)

Contact us if you need more info.

Janet said...

My first though was that in a lot of cases it is the maid who changes diapers, so I can't see how this would be a popular gift to give moms.
However, it could potentially become a fad (like US style baby showers), even if the diapers themselves will end up being used by maids.
Nevertheless, good luck!

Pampy Hampy said...

Thanks Janet! I'm hoping this would be successful,if not, then hey! my friends would be loaded with diaper cakes at each of their kid's events (as I personally love gifting these).....
Though, in most of the houses in Kuwait, the maids maybe the ones changing diapers-but the purpose of this hamper is for it to be used and utilized for the baby… (whether thru mom or thru maid or even dad)….In addition, our hampers even contain various useful items (like pacifier, bottle, baby powder, lotion, cologne, shampoo, soap, little boots, bibs, baby blanket, wash cloths, socks, miniature stuffed toys etc.. as many or as little as desired). So, bascially, these hampers are for those who like gifting personalized/customized/ unique gifts and for people who don't believe in just gifting flowers :) This would definitely add in the "You are Special" factor to your gift. The best part of this is that all products are USEABLE!

The Globetrotter Parent said...

It sounds like the diaper cakes are made out disposable diapers. Is this correct? Personally, I would find a diaper cake made out of cloth diapers to be much nicer and more of a gift that I can keep.

The Globetrotter Parent said...

Great blog by the way!

Nina Kazmawi said...

Hello there ... ;) I thought that I was the only one doing Diaper cakes in Kuwait, my cakes are very high standard & I load them up with the best Toys & blankets & stuff, the are very large in size too ... I have been doing them for almost 1 year now & actually established a great business from Home... check out my LINK & I wish you the very Best of Luck in your diaper cake business... Hope to see more of your creations ;)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Diaper-Cake-Boutique/192775134077827?sk=photos