Monday, March 22, 2010

Sheesha Place Picks

Gautam Raj asked me for my recommendations on nice sheesha places. While I don't sheesh, I go to a lot of nice places with my friends who do. I also have problems breathing where there is poor ventilation, so my picks are based on places with good air circulation.

Here are the Desert Girl picks. Please feel free to recommend your own. Help a sister out and recommend places where incredibly handsome/sexy men frequent, please! And note: I'm not looking to go to gins thaleth ("3rd gender")/transvestite hang-outs! Keep that info for somebody else's blog, k? (I gots my own drama and it doesn't come in that package.)

Movenpick Bidaa. Tree-lined outdoor terrace facing the sea. Really good buffet.

Crowne Plaza: Ayam Zaman. Good for indoor sheesha when it is too hot to smoke outside. Terraces provide good privacy. Good ventillation.


Movenpick FTZ: Nice outdoor garden and tents.

Awtar Libnan at Marina Mall. Nice outdoor terrace and good, inexpensive food.

Valdez Palace, Humood Tower, downtown Kuwait. Nice outdoor terrace and large indoor area.

Hilton. Several nice outdoor areas facing the sea (but sheesha is expensive from what I hear). They have tents on the beach with buffet/sheesha.

Ruby Tuesdays next to Kuwait Towers has sheesha outside. I like this as I can get an actual REAL crabcake and sit next to the sea.

Ibis Hotel Salmiya. Italian/continental restaurant has a large outdoor terrace facing the Gulf Road/Sea.

I don't know if they still serve sheesha, but the Rotana Al-Manshar rooftop used to and it is GORGEOUS.

Although I haven't been there yet (invitations accepted), I have heard that 7 Bars rooftop is really nice.

5 comments:

Jesse said...

I miss Tanureen...

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately Al-Manshar Rotana stopped serving Sheesha next to the pool outside around a year ago. Sigh....had great air quality since it was on the 19th floor! Well, as long as the wind was not bringing in sulfur-laden fumes from the refinery behind it.
Schlumberger Boy

Louka said...

7 bars is a really cool chillout place, sheesha's really really good too

astlatino63 said...

Hello Desert Girl, I think is great what you have going with your site. You always try to have some good information out there. Sometimes I wish for a chance to meet the woman behinde this site. Yo seem to be a very nice person. Anyways, I like Sheesha but mostly I hang out in an all men kuwaiti place. I like to visit a place that have more or less a 50-50 ratio when it relates to men and women. I wont mine is the women ratio is way over ;-) Do you know any of those? Anyways, keep the good work. Take care.

Anonymous said...

some of my friends smoke from a shisha pipe and i just want to know what effects it has on your health. i dont think they smoke tobacco, they smoke different flavours of stuff (dunno what it is, im not educated in that but they have watermelon and aniseed flavours) and i just want to know how harmful it is. they say they dont take it into their lungs, just hold in their mouth, but wll that give them mouth cancer? i just want to know a bit more about them so i can educate them on how dangerous it is.

Imhotep Hookah