Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stealthy thoughts

What IS it about meeting that one person who just re-arranges your world in a matter of weeks?  Don't get me wrong, I don't have any illusions that it will work out and we'll ride off into the sunset together.  There's baggage.  It isn't the entire Louis Vuitton collection that The Man had, but baggage nonetheless. 

I can't stop thinking about him.  It's wrong because I'm with other people doing other things. I just can't....

This weekend was floopy.  I spent part of it in New Jack City for an unexpected departure from my norm; an adventure with a Southern Bedu.  (I usually camp in the North.)  Friday friends dropped by as usual.  Z, you are totally crazy boy and you are my new best friend. I frickin ADORE YOU, playah!!!  I was supposed to go to Media Girl's party and meant to, but people just stopped by and one thing led to another.  I'm sorry girl.  I know I promised to wear a burkini to the pool, but I couldn't find one either...

Yesterday.... yesterday.... more action packed into a 24 hour period than I can remember for a long time.

Southern Bedu left at noon (just sayin that I'm not sayin).  He is SOOOOOOOOO fiiiiiiiiine.  Tall, sexysouka, nice.   I had to be at my favorite seafood restaurant by 2 with Butterfly, Spanx et their menfolk.  I was still shakey from the shinannigans of the night/early morning before, so I walked in with my sunglasses on, not really able to move my head left or right without headache tremors.

[Side note:  Spanx told me about a party she and her husband went to the night before.  They said it was faaaaaaaabulous and wished I had been there.  They had a great time.  Said they didn't know the couple that well, but got the invite and went and had tons of fun.  Guess what... turned out to be the Media Girl's party.  Dayam!  I missed out.]

Corvette Girl is there, 2 tables down,  with her mom and dad.  I say hi.  I have missed her.  She's busy between here and Qatar lately.

So, I sit down, get on the phone with Southern Bedu again ( I wish he had went with us) ... and... what's THAT?  Yo, Spanx... is that who I think it is.  "No.  That's not him..."  Yuh, I think it is (but he's wearing dark sunglasses and I can't tell - looks like a well-worn-version of his previous self).  Bang a quick trip to the bathroom to do the check-out-walk-by on the way back.  Oh snap...

Noooooooo.  He.  Di'INT.....

That was OUR restaurant.  For years we went there together.  The manager, the hostess, the wait staff, the valet parkers - all know us as a couple.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Etiquette = you don't bring another woman to you and your woman's favorite/special place.  It is bad form.  WHY would he do that? Want to come look for me/at me?  Ok, I am indifferent, but please do not provoke me.

The Man sat there with dark glasses on the en-tire time.  I stopped at the table to say hi to a luke-warm reception.  Glanced over my shoulder and said hi to him.  Walked back to the table to see a bunch of open jaws.  SMSed Corvette Girl at the other table.  "No he didn't!!!  Where?  Which one?...." 

Later that night, I SMS The Man (provoked, I say) to ask him how he could be so disrespectful to BOTH of us by going there.  He says it was, "by mistake" "at the last minute".  Wallah?  You drove from Abdullah Mubarak to my neighborhood, to take her to our restaurant while on your way to Fahaheel?  Wallah?  Like, were all the other restaurants in Kuwait closed?  No way in the world she could have known or would have agreed to let both of us be gossipped about like that. I wouldn't have done that to her and I know she's not like that, so what is your lame excuse?   You got some cojones boy and my guess is that somehow, someone is going to chop them into tiny bits and serve them to the stray dogs in your area. 

Enough said.  Bad energy be gone.  Stay out of my world.  Shoo shoo shoo.

I had to go to a function last night. Still on a pissed-off-adrenaline-high, The Romanian and I go.  I invited a few very nice people I know.  We had a great time.  I've been re-elected.  All is good.  By the way, I really like the Safir Hotel in Fintas.  Very nice place.  So, we are walking out and walk right into my friend, Jamal's brother.   A bunch of our friends are in the coffee shop... cool.  Small world/Kuwait.

.... and then... and then... and then.... the special ring tone sounds....  ahhhhhhhhhh.... Stealthy.  I actually pull the car over to talk to him.  I can't think about him and drive.  He said he misses me.  I miss him.  He comes over... 

Damn I feel good today!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I have been enjoying the hell out of this blog lately. Keep on keeping on, sister.

Desert Girl said...

Thanks Anonymous 2:48 PM. :) I'm glad I'm keeping peeps amused! :)

American Girl said...

I'm incredibly amused and 'The Man' is incredibly tacky. Though he was with another woman, I have no doubt he was there hoping to see you. Which is further evidence you're soooo much better off without him!

Anonymous said...

This is better than a Korean soap opera. I agree with American girl. He did want to see you. Don't play into his game. Now that you know how low he can go, why would you even consider him back? Move forward. Get him out of your head. Concentrate on the future. The past is DONE, finito.

Anonymous said...

I think the Man wanted to see you again too. Who needs Korean soaps when you have desert Girl?

Anonymous said...

i look forward to reading your blog! i dont know you as well but love the drama your life plays :)

Desert Girl said...

The Man meant to piss me off. No other reason for it. He may have even wanted to upset her in some way. He's done that before - using me as the instrument maybe to keep it all in control. F that.

A previous version of myself would have said, "Game ON, mofo" but you know what - I don't care enough about him to expend that much energy.

My energy is devoted to something better now. ;)

Anonymous 6:34 - who said anything about wanting him back?????? NOOOO honey. You misunderstood.

I'm getting some LOVE and RESPECT these days and I no longer feel like shit waiting for a guy who made me an option when I should have been a PRIORITY.

Anonymous said...

Desert Dawg needs her own blog IMHO.

Rom, Not Built In a Day said...

More. I must have more....

Ahmed said...

Thump up DG