Sunday, January 09, 2005

The WRONG Stuff

Guess what? Barbecue boy actually went out and bought me all the stuff he thought I was lacking in my world: Barbecue skewers for kebabs [(the flat kind) I don't even like kebabs]; more regular skewers for meat; a basket-type grilling thing (can use that for my veggie friend's food); and a teapot and the right kind of tea (I don't like tea unless it is iced with a twist of lemon). For those of you who don't know me very well, I am polite... to a point. He MADE me go all postal on him. I let him know how I felt about my kitchen invasion and how presumptuous I thought he was, etc. etc. He stops me and starts actually talking OVER me and wouldn't let me get a word in, so I had to say, 'Bye bye bye bye bye bye', and then hang up the phone and switch it off.

Then, I felt like an ungrateful mean person. The guilt set in. Maybe he was just trying to be a nice person. Maybe he was just getting me gifts to be nice (not presumptuous/arrogant/annoying). Ok, so I didn't go so far as to call him - I just sent him an SMS. That is an easy out, isn't it?

I think he's in puppy love. So typical: "love" first, ask questions later. ARGH.

I'm so bored. I'm so bored. I'm so bored. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


3 comments:

Stinni said...

Hey! I'm so glad you've joined the world of blogging. Now I don't have to pay to read your stuff. (Just joking..)

Desert Girl said...

Stinni - You are too funny! I'm afraid that my work will suffer as a result of this blog! I will have nothing to bitch about for money. ha.

Desert Girl said...

Bitzer: WHAT felony acts? Let's talk! :D I'm thinking barbecue - lots of skewers - the right charcoal - the right lighter fluid - and later, the right tea.