Sunday, January 23, 2005

4 Days Off and Now I Need to Be Re-Trained

4 days off work isn't enough. See, if you get 3 days, then you are still kind of in the "work zone", but 4 throws you into another category... ''beginning of vacation." So, to fulfill "beginning of vacation," I feel that you need at least a complete week off. That is not to say that I only want 3 days and not 4. It just means that I need more time off.

So, I actually got to work on time this morning. Perhaps it was because there was no traffic. Perhaps because I left a window open last night and was freezing my butt off this morning (see - the alarm-clock-across-the-room-trick actually DOES work sometimes!).

Want to know why it rained camels and goats yesterday? Because I planned a barbecue. I ended up on my balcony, grilling hamburgers and hot dogs (the largest I could find because size does matter) and freezing in the rain while standing in a puddle. That was in addition to tacos (and salad, and corn, and brownies) I made. yummmm. Bunny was there (and Aunty Em, and Toto....) and Naz and my friend who is depressed (who I just KNEW was going to get along great with Naz - and they did. Exchanged phone numbers and everything.). Waleed was there too and even though he is totally prejudice against my people (the Bedu), he got along great with Bunny. I was almost jealous. All that laughing and carrying on.

Anyhoo, I invited 2 girls I know who used to be conservative, but are now slutty (as Bunny said, not me). They are very nice, but I'm pretty sure were just there to drink all my alcohol and find out what kind of men I had over. They left at 12 to find another party. I was wondering how they could walk in those shoes; they had literally 4" heels. My mother calls those, "hooker shoes." Hey - if the shoe fits... That is so bad. They are nice hoochies. I'm going to Hell.

I hadn't seen Bunny in a long time. He was supposed to take me to lunch one day, but then overslept. I mean - I oversleep, but how can you oversleep ALL the time or when you have stuff to do?

One of my friends sent me these words of wisdom this morning. I shall share:

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and weall could use more calm in our lives.By following the simple advice I heard on Dr. Phil Show, I have finally found inner peace. Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace isto finish all the things you have started.So I looked around my house to see things I started and hadn't finishedand before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle ofMerlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Kahlua,a package of Oreo's, a pot of coffee, the rest of the Cheesecake, some Saltines and a box of Godiva Chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel. Please pass this on to those you feel are in need of inner peace.

Oh, I went out with Barbecue Boy this weekend. After some time off, he seems to have chilled a bit. He is still, unfortunately, a big know-it-all. He still doesn't get it. I didn't get my barbecue bits. I guess it might have been because I bit his head off and now he has The Fear. Anyways, I got him to eat Japanese food and so I feel that I have accomplished something of worth. (You should have seen the faces he made! Priceless.) What's the big deal? I don't make those faces when I sit next to him at a Lebanese restaurant and he's smoking sheesha (the last legal recreational drug in Kuwait). I don't necessarily like tongue sandwich (unless it is a metaphor) or uncooked beef. Whatever floats your boat.

I can't believe it is sunny today and now I'm at work. That sucks.

No comments: