Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Early Valentine's Day

I wasn't going to post about this, but what the hey.  The Man has been so nice to me lately and really, this is my world here in blogsphere, so I should be able to write what I want.

Valentine's Day came a little early for us this year.  It was a total surprise.  He brought me a big bunch of flowers from our favorite florist - a guy that The Man has been buying me flowers from since I met him 5+ years ago.  The florist is a really sweet older guy and he always knows what I like.  I started sending my friends flowers from the same place and every time I go there, Mr. Mohammed gives me a single rose.

I love rings and I got such a nice surprise:  It has little hearts on it and is SO pretty.  I couldn't have asked for a nicer gift.  You always know me, don't you?  I don't know where you got it, but it is amazing and special and I love it.  He shouldn't have spent so much money.

We usually go to "our" restaurant on Fridays, but we decided to skip it this time.  We go there so often that if we miss a day, they ask about us the next time.  I feel like Norm on Cheers. :)

What an amazing day.  Thanks, The Man.  You really went all out.

5 comments:

Expat and the City said...

That is so romantic and sweet. You deserve it DG! Happy Valentine's day (early).

What will you get him? I found a few small things so far for my Valentine. I'm running out of time and I don't know what to get him for his big present. Any ideas on what to buy for a Q8i man that has everything?

Desert Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desert Girl said...

Expat:

Well, you know, they always "need" another watch! :) I got The Man one just recently and he loves it. I don't think you can ever go wrong with another watch. Too many designs.

I don't know what I'll get him for Valentine's Day yet. I'm thinking a companion ticket to go visit my family.

You can always do stupid romantic stuff like having a star named after him or buying a 1' piece of land in Scotland so that he gets the title of "Laird"! (I did that for my nephew. See http://www.scottishhighlandtitles.com/ for example.

Key ring/medalia with an inscription?

Expat and the City said...

Loool, thank you. :D I love the idea of land in Scotland.

He wears a Breitling limited edition watch. I would have to rob a bank to be able to afford his taste in watches.

I was thinking a silver key ring with his nickname. I'm going shopping this weekend. Thank you for the great tips. :)

Expat and the City said...

I forgot to add that your idea to buy him a companion ticket to visit your family sounds perfect. I'm sure 'The Man' will love it. :)