Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I miss my daddy

(Me and my dad)


Today is my father's birthday.  I think about him often and I believe that he is happy in Heaven, watching over us.  When he passed away, I didn't believe that I had any regrets about him.  I hope that I treated him with respect and kindness.  I regret now not getting to know him better and documenting more about his life.   I don't remember him as the old guy he was at the end.  I remember him when he was younger and vibrant and full of life and fun; holding my hand walking down a beach somewhere.  I miss you, daddy.  I hope that you are dancing to jazz and eating seafood up in Heaven with all your friends and pets that you loved.  I think this is how he wants me to remember him.



7 comments:

LorD AymZ said...

i am so sorry DG, not to sound corny or rip off Hallmark, but he is never truly gone so long as you remember and think of him.

basees@bloggspot.com said...

Its truly a sad fact when our dearest leave us for ever. This makes should make us more appreciative of those close to us who are still with us.

Jewaira said...

And what a handsome, vivacious looking man he was.

Prayers for peace

Snow said...

I know exactly how you feel, my father passed 2 years ago and his birthday is coming on July 7th. I miss him so much and it is really hard at times, especially when I think of my kids not knowing him like I did. I just think of him as being in a better place, watching us and I feel better. {{hugs}}

Expat and the City said...

Lovely photos. He looks like he was a terrific Dad. :)

Layla said...

Those were such nice pics of you and your dad DG! I lost my Mom a few years back, and can understand how hard it is sometimes to be without them and to have the yearning to have gotten a chance to know them better! But even the time we were given was a blessing and they are a part of us so I think we know them better than we know :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing. Makes me prioritize spending more time with my two year old son on this July 4th weekend.
Schlumberger Boy