Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kuwait is Shavin Heads and Takin Names!


I frickin LOVE that they are shaving heads again in Kuwait!  The po-po used to do that in the 80's here and then stopped.  My question is - how can anyone tell the difference between "eve teasers" and those young men who are enrolled in the police academy?  Both groups are young, male, (most likely) skinny, with shaved heads?  I advocate shaving "eve teasers'" heads and then using a permanent marker to make some kind of sign on the back of their heads.  Kinda like a scarlet letter.  Or - shave all the hair on their heads - including eyebrows.

And ok, "eve teasers"... don't even get me started about that stupid phrase.  If you didn't live in Kuwait and hadn't already asked somebody what the hell that term means, you wouldn't know it is used to dsecribe sexual harassment of women here.  (Maybe the word "sexual" is too sexual?)
Check out the Wikipedia definition HERE.  "Eve teasing is a euphemism used in India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan for public sexual harassment, street harassment or molestation of women by men, with Eve being a reference to the biblical Eve."

3 comments:

Stani said...

is there a term for women sexually harassing boys ??, is that even in the law ??

Expat and the City said...

@Stani: Cougars...just kidding ;-)

Desert Girl said...

Hi, My name is Eve. Tease me, tease me.