Tuesday, June 01, 2010

NBK Sucks


The company I work for deals with NBK. I don't - due to past problems with them. I have heard how some people just loooooove to deal with Camel Bank; however, I have never found them that wonderful. Especially now that I have found out my salary is going to be delayed by a WEEK because NBK decided to change all their account numbers from 12 digits to 10 and there is a huge jam. (Don't believe it?  Al-Sayer is having the same problem.)

I don't really care. I want my salary. On time.

Logo courtesy of my dear friend, Tatabotata from his T-shirt collection.

Hey - by the by - this is NOT how camels "do it".  I have seen the real thing and it freaked me out.  Camel dude's thing does all the work, snaking its way along.... there is no humping (ha ha) involved.  The snake characteristic gave me nightmares and I shiver even now just thinking of it (new meaning to "one-eyed-trouser-snake").  There is a Bedouin superstition that says that if a male camel knows you have seen him copulating, he will hunt you down  your whole life and eventually kill you.  This is probably because you have seen how nasteh the prized posession is.  So, in addition to all of my other worries, I have a camel demon looming.  (Just a little bit of trivia for ya there.)

7 comments:

Baroon said...

that odd ! my salary goes to NBK but it was not delayed. I was not notified that my bank account number will be changed!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, NBK sucks. I didnt have a choice to bank with them as my FALA is deposited into my account, thank god my salary is not. If NBK shuts down for any reason and your FALA is deposited, then you have to wait for NBK to deposit your FALA. What lame brains they are

loner said...

yap i agree ... NBK sucks !!!

Anonymous said...

a small portion of my salary goes into NBK and it was delayed for the same BS reason give to you, however, I have received it. Once all the oil dries up here, I wonder what will happen. Because in the end, that's why anyone is here...

Stani said...

First off i do agree that nbk sucks, I too have an account there and no one has notified me about any account # change. Strange. Maybe your some VIP customer for them .

Anonymous said...

NBK sucks big time. I had an NBK account few years back but cancelled it after a bank employee misbehaved with me in front of staff and customers for no fault of mine. I immediately asked them to cancel my account and luckily I didn't have to deal with them again.

AmericanGirlinKuwait.com said...

Seems camels and Arab men have more in common than I previously thought.