Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No fresh milk, but you can find old cheese....


Out of focus (had to snap quickly at TSC Salmiya), but ingredients are:  Old cheese, oil, and pepper.

Supposedly, KD Cow is trying to double their production to counter the customs strike and subsequent lack of fresh milk in the country.  I've never seen cows in Kuwait, so I am wondering where the local milk farms are.  I know that happy cows produce more milk.  Wonder how you would accomplish that in Kuwait.  Classical music?  Massages?

And hey, this would be a perfect opportunity for local camel milk farmers to get into the market. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

many farms - a few across 6th ring road from agility warehouses - hhmmm then again ...

Anonymous said...

Camel milk products are very popular in the UAE and tourists just love it. They now have introduced camel milk ice cream in the UAE. I don't undertand why it wouldn't be popular here. There is a new milk company from the UAE who will produce fresh milk from real cows in Kuwait this year. They do have quite a few interesting camel milk products which I assume they will introduce to this market.

Anonymous said...

They don't need to produce more milk they just need to stop pouring the extra milk down the drain. They Have been doing this for years and years. To keep prices up. They are very successful. Old cheese sounds Yummy by the way.
Gail

American Girl said...

There's a dairy farm on the 6th Ring between Jahra and Sulabiya. I hear you can go there and buy fresh eggs and milk directly from them without dealing with the middle man (supermarket). I've never been and not sure I want an egg snatched right out from under a chicken -- I like to pretend some major events take place before I buy them.

FARHA said...

Could you please send in the precise location? So they would have gher as well is it?