- Shamlan had the most soulful eyes I've ever seen. It was like he could see right into me and know me with a stare.
- He had the best laugh I've ever heard; There was something humbling about it - I don't really know how to explain it, but his laugh was deep and rich.
- He cared deeply about his family and often talked about his 2 younger sisters, "the monkeys"
- He liked small sports cars.
- He liked playing soccer with the guys.
- He had deep political beliefs that were controversial and got him in trouble (may have gotten him killed).
- He loved the sea and diving.
- He liked jazz.
- He liked Chivas Regal
- I felt like I didn't have to say a word when I was around him.
- He didn't love me as much as I loved him. I hope he knew how much he was loved.
- I didn't get to spend enough time with him while he was on Earth. Now that he's gone, he talks to me through dreams. As he told me the night before I found out he was gone, "The days I spent with you were the happiest days of my life."
Sunday, February 13, 2005
In Memory of Shamlan
I have to write about Shamlan because today is the day that I heard that he had passed away in Dubai.