Sunday, February 13, 2005

In Memory of Shamlan

I have to write about Shamlan because today is the day that I heard that he had passed away in Dubai.
  • Shamlan had the most soulful eyes I've ever seen. It was like he could see right into me and know me with a stare.
  • He had the best laugh I've ever heard; There was something humbling about it - I don't really know how to explain it, but his laugh was deep and rich.
  • He cared deeply about his family and often talked about his 2 younger sisters, "the monkeys"
  • He liked small sports cars.
  • He liked playing soccer with the guys.
  • He had deep political beliefs that were controversial and got him in trouble (may have gotten him killed).
  • He loved the sea and diving.
  • He liked jazz.
  • He liked Chivas Regal
  • I felt like I didn't have to say a word when I was around him.
  • He didn't love me as much as I loved him. I hope he knew how much he was loved.
  • I didn't get to spend enough time with him while he was on Earth. Now that he's gone, he talks to me through dreams. As he told me the night before I found out he was gone, "The days I spent with you were the happiest days of my life."

5 comments:

Jewaira said...

Nice to remember loved ones fondly in this way. How wonderful that you touched each other's lives :)

2 Second Club ® said...

I wish you will meet with him one day, in another life, when you both are cats..

أبو جيج يدور نعاله said...

:`) That was so sweet ( not kidding )

Poetry said...

I love this.. it is so beautifully written as is everything you say, but this touches my heart. As do other posts of Shamlan...

I hope you are reunited with him one day insha Allah xx

Desert Girl said...

Poetry - thank you so much for your very kind comments. :)