Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Erection Weekend

So... the big erection is upon us - coming up this weekend. I have been receiving stupid SMS's in Arabic (which I can not read) pertaining to candidates as late as 3am.  I find it offensive that people can worm their way into my personal account and contact me that way. 

Stealth in Rumaithiya had a phone call from an over-sexed woman asking him in breathy questions if he would vote for the candidate she works for.  Seriously?  Is this what it has come to?  Pimp my Candidate?

I know I can't find snackfoods at Mr. Baker since the campaigning started.  I guess all the tents are serving. 

If I saw a candidate who would open his/her election tent to needy people and ask that each of their constituents bring an item of clothing or canned good - I honestly would volunteer to help them (in whatever way I could - short of sex-telemarketing). 

I can't imagine how the prolonged catering is wasting in terms of food.  For example, my thoughts go to the families out in Taima.  What are they eating this week?  Could that guy digging through the trash in my neighborhood benefit from some of that food/money being spent on these campaigns.

Yeah yeah, I'm American.  But Kuwait is home.  So if I were in America, I could bitch about what was happening in my back yard.  Pero for now, my back yard is Kuwait, so I'm bitching about what is going on here. 

Yet, who am I to judge?  Maybe some of the candidates are helping poor people in Kuwait - I don't know. 

I'm not Kuwaiti and I don't live in the 3rd District, but if I were and I did, I would vote for Dr. Aseel Al-Awadhi for sure.  She is strong, ethical, and in favor of many of the things I believe in; including freedom of speech and upholding the Kuwait Constitution, and humanitarian issues.  "MP Dr Aseel Al-Awadhi posted a message on Twitter, saying the right to demonstrate is a human right that should not be suppressed, and the Interior Ministry should deal with it wisely and according to the law without violence."  She also graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in philosophy.  You go, girl! 

If you are near the tents or polling centers this Thursday when the voting takes place, get ready for some horrible traffic.  (DG the Cynic say:  Oh, and then again in 6 to 8 months when this incoming parliament is dissolved...)

No comments: