Monday, September 19, 2011

Free the peddlers! Free the peddlers!

I can't even tell you how disturbing it is for me to see these articles/photos in the paper. 

Arab Times
Over 4,000 bottles seized as liquor peddling gang nabbed

KUWAIT CITY, Sept 18: Securitymen arrested a five-member gang for smuggling and trading in liquor with 4,248 bottles worth around KD 200,000 in their possession...."


Crap.  Another price hike.  What is the normal price (in the US) for "The National Drink of Kuwait" - Johnny Walker Red Label - around $14 a bottle? (Heavy sigh....)

3 comments:

Possumdawg said...

My question is, how did they do it?

Anonymous said...

since I dont drink all that often, and travel enough out of the country to stock up this is what I do. stock up on your tasty distilled product at your nearest duty free and transfer it into pint size water bottles. place in checked baggage insha allah the x ray machine guys dont catch it coming back. 100% success rate for me so far.

Anonymous said...

is it possible to free them?