Sunday, February 22, 2009

P2BK Event - 22 and 23 February


I didn't get to this event last year, but they said it was pretty good. Chewy Gooey has a booth and that alone is enough to sell me on the event. I hope they have samples. Yummmm.

The event showcases young Kuwaiti entrepreneurship. I'm all for promoting these kind of events because I don't think enough has been done to help small businesses in Kuwait - especially by young Kuwaitis trying to turn a creative (democratic) concept into a marketable endeavor; and not sitting back on their (lawrels) waiting for a job through wastah.

Why doesn't the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry support/promote such events?

I think that Dhari Wazzan, young heir to the Al-Wazzan empire, is behind this event. He is a young guy with good ideas and I believe his daddy is allowing him to follow his creativity - good on both of them! (Although Dhari is a little haughty and needs to work on his PR skills.) They have also done some environmental things lately that I've been following.

Anyhoo, if you are interested in going, it is February 22 and 23 at Araya Ballroom (attached to the Marriott Residence downtown).

February 22nd from 6pm to 10pm
February 23rd from 10am to 2pm and 5pm to 9pm




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanking you again for your coverage on p2bk, however is there an email to Desert girl? thanks again

Desert Girl said...

Anonymous - look up at the top of your screen. :)

amerab@gmail.com