Sunday, March 20, 2005

Disgusted

Sorry I haven't been blogging very often. It is nice to know that I have a few people out there who actually a) read my crap and 2) care. My job situation really has me down. I knew that some companies were bad, but some are really really bad and apparently, I have been working for one. How do good companies go bad? Funk dat!

I haven't been going out much. Even men have lost their appeal to me (not that I am heading in the 'other' direction. I likes men toooooooo much for that). What to do, baba? (head shaking back and forth AND up and down!)

I found a puppy running in the street several nights ago. It was a small, black shepard/lab mix and looked very frightened. I felt like it was a test from God, so I couldn't let anything happen to it. I took it home, gave it a bath and some doggy meds, and fed him. He became very playful and friendly. I think someone in Jabriya had been feeding him, but he was quite obviously a street dawg. I named him,"Diego" because he looks like a Diego. I took him down to one of the ladies at PAWS, after I took him to a vet. If anyone would like him, please call PAWS at 9440089. He is friendly, good with other dogs and kids, and is 5 months old. Write to me at amerab@gmail.com and I will send you his picture/film clip.

I was one of the people to consistently donated money at the IVH for the rescue center. I watched as the kennels were built, expectant to see what would happen - hoping for good things in Kuwait. I come to find out now that the owner of the IVH rented the kennels out to K9 dogs for a profit. What about my donations? What about the trust that people put in him? The rescue league is now PAWS and they are housing animals from their homes. This is so wrong. Another reason I am disgusted this week.

Anyways, my good deed done, I go on.

I went out with SheeshaGirl last night on her blind date with a guy she met on cupidbay.com. I've honestly got to say - it was one of the best dates I've been on in a long time; and it wasn't even MY date! The guy was such a nice person and we really had a nice evening together. They dropped me off and went to have coffee alone. I guess SheeshaGirl was assured that he wasn't an axe murderer, so she didn't need me. For once, I approve of someone she's dating. The other guys were just ICK - with the exception of my friend, Naz.

I had a lovely breakfast at Johnny Rockets with MuslimArtist on Friday. I was supposed to go out over the weekend, but depression kept me in. Friday, the weather was gorgeous and with the exception of running into some fake-ass-know-it-alls from work, it was a very pleasant day.

Petite has become a disappointment. Apparently, she is either shagging and relaying info back to one particular manager at my KGB (as in USSR days) workplace, or just relaying information. I think that it may be both (I'm in a cynical mood - can you tell). Homey don't play both sides of the fence, so I don't think I'll hang with her much. Petite called SheeshaGirl from Jleeb police station last night after she got rear-ended (welcome to Kuwait!) in her rental car. AS IF we girls would venture NEAR a police station in Jleeb. Ew. Ick. Yuck. I told her she should call her know-it-all-pain-in-the-ass boyfriend(s). Bada BING.

God, I need chocolate in a bad way. This is so wrong.

I may venture outside of my house today. I just haven't been in the mood. Please send words of inspiration.

3 comments:

Mad M2000 مــادم الكويت said...

Don't let the dark side win

May the force and Hershey's kisses be with you

Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Everything happens for a reason.

After midnight, morning will come.

For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining.

How's that for words of inspiration? Not very inspiring? Okay what about consoling? No? Very cliche? Corny you say? Well yeah but also very true *cross my heart* :P

Notapsychonotapsychonotapsycho

Desert Girl said...

You guys are the BEST. I can feel the love. :) It was so nice to log on and find all these kind words. Sometimes that's all you need. You are all my friends - even though I may never meet many of you. I'll try to break free of the funk.

God bless you all and I hope that someone does something kind for you too when you really need it.