Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Desert Girl’s Review of Borat

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I mean, it had its funny moments, but overall, it felt kind of like another Jackass movie with an accent. If you’ve seen Ali G Indahouse, you’ll know the tune. It has a few funny moments, but overall, not really a belly-gut laughing time.

I’ve also read all the articles by/of people portrayed in the movie and yes, I can definitely see how they’d be upset. How did they, for example, get by Hollywood with the “running of the Jews”? I haven’t heard of protests in the streets or anything…

I haven’t seen anything recent that compares with Chappelle’s Season 2, as far as really funny comedy goes, have you?

On to shows of another type: What I really want to see is “Kay fel Hal” with English subtitles. Any idea where to get a copy if there is such a thing? By the by: Let me just say that whoever decided to put English subtitles on the Arabic soap operas on KTV ROCKS! Yeah, I'm an ignorant foreigner who can't read Arabic. So what? Now at least, I know what the hell is going on!

1 comment:

Q8Sultana said...

I love Kuwaiti soaps with subtitles too :o) I used to take notes of the interesting expressions :o)

By the way, I saw the Borat movie too. It made me wonder if people in America know what for example gypsies are?

I can't deny I laughed a lot during the movie, but overall it left a bad taste in my mouth, if you know what I mean. It was outrageously osbscene.