Monday, November 13, 2017

I wish I could dish the real truth on this blog

The problem I face now is that so many people know who I am and I'm:

Afraid of hurting peoples feelings
Afraid of pissing people off (customers or job-related people)
Afraid of being deported for even an iota of the stuff that I know and could really get me in trouble.

This is my peeve for the moment and I will keep it very general:

So let me just say that I wish I could talk about how undiplomatic and outright rude some of my customers are.  (This is light stuff so whatever.)  I work with kind, decent, and professional people with families.  They really care about the quality of their work and they look for ways to improve - without receiving any big deal appreciation or accolades.  They just do their jobs the right way because it is the right thing to do.  For this, they get threatened, shouted at, scolded, and demeaned.  Yes of course, our management team defends them, but then we as a company get the same treatment.  It isn't fair.  It isn't kind and it is the type of behavior that I wouldn't ever THINK (in regular life) that would be commensurate to the stature of their offices. 

We have been threatened for several years, "We are going to go to a competitor."  Ok.  Business is business.  They are entitled to do or go where ever they want.  But threats?  Stop treating good people like they are sub-human and  haven't done their best to help.  I sit in front of them.  I watch them.  There are a few who don't even get up to use the bathroom during the day because they take their jobs so seriously.  I have to tell them to go home at night because we don't pay overtime.  They want to finish their work.  I don't believe that I have ever worked anywhere (US or in any other country) with a more dedicated group of people.  Ever. 

Why not be direct?  Again, I can't understand why people just can't be straight with each other.  Why waste time?  If you don't fear a higher power or higher energy, that's your thing.  I don't understand that way of thinking and I pity the fool who isn't living with an appreciation of karma.  You never know what life is going to bring  you next.  Or who you are going to need.  Or when.  Or how.



No comments: