Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I want a gay following!

Here's what I want to know:  why don't I have a gay following?  I hadn't really thought about it until tonight when a new friend brought it to my attention.  Yes, there are gay folk in Kuwait; perhaps you wouldn't know that, but there are.  Bobarino knows:  When he bought his new phone and left it on the table in front of me to go to the boyz' room at Marina Mall, I programmed his bluetooth with the nickname, "I'm gay."  He found out fast.  There are gay people in Kuwait.  Some of them are married to straight people.

Do I have a Desert Girl gay contingency?  Have my happy-go-lucky Desert Girl colors drawn them in?  Ok, so I might not be fashion-savy or have links to places like Salhiya and Villa Moda where a gay contingency might like to shop...  I like gay people.  They're trendy and in-the-know. 

Here's what I want to know:  Are gay people reading my stuff and if so, do I make you laugh?  I certainly hope so.

6 comments:

reemas said...

there r some kuwaiti gay bloggers. or thats what they claim.
if u r interested u can follow them.

Desert Girl said...

No reemas, you are missing my point. I don't want to follow them - I just want to know if I am loved by the gay masses as they are hip and trendy.

Eluded Euphoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desert Girl said...

Disclaimer:

1) When I said that I wanted a gay following, I didn't mean that I wanted gays to follow ME. (My blog, please.)

1a) I don't know anyone who would be interested in a gay or bi relationship either. Sorry. There is some work that you gotta do for yourself, eh?

2) When I said that I wanted a gay following, I didn't mean that I wanted gay blogs to add me to their "Follow" utility on Blogger.

3) I do, however, appreciate the compliments from gays. Thanks!

Irked said...

Erm, so by your description you are interested to see if you have (from a heterosexuals viewpoint) stereotypical male gay readers because you think they are "hip and trendy"? Sheesh. I'm sure your post was meant with good intent but it does come across as mildly offensive.

Desert Girl said...

Irked -

Everything I write is slightly offensive. Have you not been reading my blog? Try not to take it too personally.

However, you are correct. I should not have said (stereotypically from a heterosexual point of view) that gays are hip and trendy. I take it back. They're not. Neither are heterosexuals nor metrosexuals or asexuals. Why? Because no one should make sweeping generalizations about any group.