Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Middle Eastern Cooking Classes from AWARE Center

(Repost from Life in Kuwait LINK HERE)



Food of the Middle East brings with it a variety of exotic flavors. While some dishes will be fragrant others will be spicy, delicate or at times, even syrupy. From dates, saffron, rose petals and orange blossom to cardamom or cumin - these are but a few of the ingredients comprising the fascinating cuisine of the Middle East. Join us at the AWARE Center to learn more about Middle Eastern food from our cooks. The 4-week course starts Thursday May 8 & ends on May 29, 2014. Course Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Course Fee: K.D. 25 per person Limited seats. Advance registration required at info@aware.com.kw

Here is my wish list of dishes I hope they would teach: Mutabag Zubeidi and Murrubbian.  I can make both, but I want to get better at it.

2 comments:

Crazy in Kuwait said...

They also have Kuwaiti food cooking classes, I took one and was disappointed, the kitchen was so small and there like 8 women crowded in there. The original cook didn't show up and one of the volunteer guys cooked marubian. Needless to say I didn't go back and lost my 25 KD

Desert Girl said...

Thanks, Crazy. That sucks. If you're going to do a class, at least do it well.

Did you used to read the TataBotata blog? He's a friend and at one time was going to write a Kuwaiti cookbook with recipes from his grandmother. I think SOMEBODY should do it - and publish it in both English and Arabic. With all the self-publishing apps out there, it should be easy and I know that I would buy a copy - and so would a lot of my readers and friends.