Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Flying Fish

Bobarino and Fishgirl got married about 2 months ago. They went back to the Philippines where Fishgirl is from because the Philippino priest wanted 500 KD to arrange the paperwork here (which, I hear is standard). They went to the US and spent time with Bobarinos family and lots of quality time in both Target and Krogers. Yes, the US is “land of the big PX”. They have begun to plan for little Bobfishes…. Anyhoo, they are happy and all was well….

… until yesterday. Fishgirl was hit by a car. A young guy hit her and her friend, and killed a Pakistani guy – all when they were trying to cross the street. Fishgirl was hit in the knee, and was flipped on top of the car, breaking her leg, pelvis, collar bone and front tooth - in addition to smashing her kneecap. They took her and friend to Razi hospital and put them in a room with 6 other women. Apparently, she hasn’t been American long enough (well, not yet at all, but) because the words "private room" are not part of her vocabulary. (That and "Where the PHUCK is my food tray???"). Bobarino is making plans to move her into a private hospital. Young Dude and his friend went to the hospital last night, trying to bribe Fishgirl et al “CASHMONEY” (people – it is one or the other – not BOTH) not to pursue a case (which I believe they filed today).

My beloved friend/wastah at the Ministry of Health has offered whatever help he can (I LOVE him sooooooooooo much) and getting things done so that she can be moved to a private hospital. I’ve known MOH guy for almost my entire life. He used to come to visit my family when he was a starving student (driving a Chevette of all things!) in the US. Fell in love with my older sister. Let's just say he's NOT driving a Chevy anymore.

Anyways, all my friends out there in blogland, please say a prayer for Fishgirl that she gets better soon.

2 comments:

Joud said...

maskeena i hope she recovers soon. it's so sad, i once witnessed a live accident in paris - the car right next to me crashed into a young lady on a pedestrian crossing, i still cringe at the thought. i couldnt go on with my day until i called the police station then the hospital and found out she was alive.

anyway, fishgirl, get well soon

North Wind said...

Salamaaaaaaaaaaaat alf malyoooon salamah "Flying Fish"