Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Something in the Wind

Something is really different. I don’t know what it is exactly, but it is just very different. Things just don’t feel the same recently and it is almost as if something is coming, but I can’t tell what it is.

I had a dream the other night and I think it must have been heaven. I was in a garden with pools of water and streams. It was at night and there were those little fairy lights everywhere (which I love), hanging over walkways and in the trees. The pools were more like ponds with grass on the banks and streams between them. I was with Shamlan in one of the pools of water. He was hugging me and I could feel how warm he was and I could smell his skin. I told him that I had loved him since I was 15 years old. He hugged me for a long time and he told me that he has loved me for as long. Most of the dreams I have of him, he is turning and going. In this dream, I knew we would stay together always and it was okay. Then, I got out of the pool I was in with him and I went to find my father and (step-mother), Elly (also deceased). They were in a building (kind of like gazebos with wood walkways in between). They were sitting with friends and there was music playing and people were laughing. Dad was wearing a bright yellow shirt. I couldn't see any faces, but I knew they were happy. The feeling I had from it was intense love. It was the best dream ever.

I have been reading a book about George Anderson who is a medium – mostly helping people with recovery from grief. I found the book in a small used book store in Reston where I always find unique inspiration. George delivers messages from peoples’ loved ones who have died. It was a very interesting look at life-after-death and how forgiveness and love play big roles (ok, not that hate would have any place there). It also reminded me to pay attention to signs and how you may overlook messages that come through.

My dad gave me a definite sign while I was there. I said, “I love you, Daddy” just as I was passing by his house. It was sunset and the sun was shining through the pink clouds in rays. A very old song came on the radio by Peggy Lee that reminds me of him, “The Way You Look Tonight.”

"Heaven's Door"

If I should go before you,
If life on earth were through;
I'll stop just inside Heaven's door,
And there I'll wait for you.
You've but to look 'cross star filled skies,
Past the moon and then beyond;
To know my leaving could never break,
This heart's undying bond.
And if you should go before me,
If your journey on earth were through;
You know I will be close behind,
I'll never be far from you.
Across the span of time and space,
This love will reach this far;
For you'll always carry a bit of my heart,
No matter where you are.
We've no way of knowing who will remain,
Or who will go on before;
But if I should go first, you'll find love there,
I'll be waiting just inside Heaven's door.

2 comments:

Jewaira said...

That is such a beautiful dream and I know how you miss and love them.

Know that they are always as near as you need them - and that inshallah they are at peace.

Capt. Arab said...

a very nice way to remember. I'm sure there is so much more that you could describe, but maybe there were no words for those feelings. Be good.