Monday, August 25, 2014

Falcon Mobile Pet Clinic Van in Kuwait

Look!  It's Dr. Angelo!  THAT's where he is....







Mikey has been to 5 vets now as he continues to have bad skin problems.  I've known Dr. Angelo for years, so I decided that since Dr. Paola was out of town, I would have him check out Mike for the possibility of Demodex mange (as Al-Rai had diagnosed him with - without testing first).  Dr. Angelo ruled out demodex through a scratch test; Mike has bad infections, so we're doing a blood test to determine exactly what the cause is.  For now:  No chicken, no lamb, no beef.  Raw fish and potatoes.  Who knew?  I now have about 40 pounds of chicken in my freezer.  (Barbecue, anyone?)

I found out that Angelo had moved from IVH when I went there to board Mike and Angleo's picture was no longer hanging behind the reception desk.  I called him and discovered that he's with Falcon now (owned by a member of the Al-Ghanim family).

Falcon recently purchased a large mobile vet clinic truck/van from the States and have started a test market to determine if they would like to create a veterinary hospital and possibly add more trucks/services.  Angelo tells me that he is continually busy (his phone rang several times during my appointment) and so far, business is good (Mashallah!).

IVH has had a van in their parking lot at their hospital for years and I've never understood why it is wasting away there.  It has never been used. It's a shame.  Anyhoo....

Falcon's van is sparkling (and I mean that literally) clean.  There wasn't a piece of dust or dirt or animal hair anywhere.  It is non-descript from the outside:  Just a white camper-looking vehicle.  Inside, it is loaded with the latest technology:  X-ray machine, surgical equipment and operating table, microscopes, a full array of medicine, cages, tables, and a very expensive-looking generator system.

Anyone who has ever dealt with Dr. Angelo and/or Dr. Paola know how what exceptionally kind and compassionate people they are.  They are outstanding vets and go the extra mile to take care of critters in Kuwait.  They have long-held dreams of helping animals outside the confines of a stationary clinic/hospital and now it appears that these dreams are coming true.

I am thoroughly impressed and I wish them complete success.

To book an appointment with Falcon, call or Whatsapp 5111-9696.


4 comments:

Rachael said...

Is the can for all services or just emergency? I don't have a car and have 2 dogs that will need general care and one of the dogs has epilepsy, so we need to get meds from time to time.

Kawthar said...

Amazing! thanks for the review we really need this kind of service in kuwait!

Unknown said...

Hi, do you know if they are still operational?

Desert Girl said...

Hi Lama,

No Falcon is no longer in operation. Like everything else in Kuwait, opening/operating a formal business in Kuwait is difficult if not impossible. Falcon had issues obtaining their license, so they have discontinued services. if you need a vet for at-home service, write to me offline and I will recommend someone. amerab@gmail.com