Sunday, October 18, 2009

1 day plus 1 day plus 1 day equals.... two weeks, right?


I had a fantabulous time in DC for the convention. The weather was perfect, the convention went just right, and I got to hang with the fam. I also met a whole lot of new people. It was outstanding.

I visited a botanical garden with my mother one day and fed some enormous catfish and turtles. T’was amazing. It was such a nice day with my mommy. I miss her so much that I get weepy. I think she may come to visit me in February. I hope.

I managed to stretch a 3 day convention into 2 weeks. That worked out well. Ok, in the process, we made several good deals and I hope that one or two will hit and that I will be a Superstar (job security). That was my real goal. I’m very happy with the way things turned out.

Hey, look at how Agility pimped their booth (see photo). Fassssssscinating. So much for sexual harassment and the military, eh? What man's bright idea was that?

I got to go to one of my nephew’s football games. My sister wouldn’t let me embarrass the entire family. It saddened me, but out of respect for her, I didn’t scream like I usually do…. Well, ok, I got off one or two. Our entire bleacher section when painfully silent. I don’t care – I don’t know them.

Let me just say – again – how much I love the United flight to/from DC. They’re having a sale for 135 KD now. Awesome. I sleep the entire trip. Snoring? Do I care if I snore? I have no shame. It may feel like turbulence. It may sound like engines ripping apart. Do I care?

So then, so then, so then I got home and found out that the phucking gardener hadn’t watered my plants… the same plants that I have been nursing back to health all summer after he almost killed them back in the Spring. I am so mad! I got back and all the leaves were off the trees on my terrace and he had taken some kind of pruner to them. OMG! They were thin to begin with, but then dude goes after them like it is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre or something! He’s from Bangladesh and seems to hate me. Every time I see him, he scowls at me. I think it is because of my dog. You know – people from Bangladesh (male or female) believe that if a dog bites you, you get pregnant (with what – I don’t know). Anyways, I’m so mad, I’m so mad, I’m so mad! All my pretty trees are dead and I wish to batter him about the head with pots and pans (that’s my sister’s phrase – I can’t claim it).

The 2 stray cats (not mine) who live on the terrace, Paint and Petunia, are now pooping in my dog’s poop area. I think they’re doing it to make her angry. They can’t hiss at her anymore because I’ve taken the hose to them on more than one occasion. So, they stare her down and then poop. That’s so catty. Haaaaaaaaaaa!

I got an invitation to a Filipino friend’s home this weekend. The Man and I decided to do something different and actually venture off the sofa on a weekend night and go. She made a lot of food. He looked frightened (he’s not really good about trying new food things). I got him a plate of food with the same things that I ate. I explained to him later what ox tail stew is. He gagged like a little girl. Come ON! Bedouin dudes eat sheep heads and a little ox tail makes him gag? That’s just plain silly. What does he think is in hotdogs? I laughed until my stomach hurt. “Why didn’t you TELL me?! Why did you let me eat it?!” Dude! I ate it too. I said it was ox tail. When you hear “tail” anything, perhaps you should politely decline. Want a piece of tail, baby? (See, now I’m just crackin myself up again!).

This Wednesday night, there is supposed to be a meteor shower. Last night, I was up somewhere ungodly North of Kabd (like, I’m not kidding: half an hour plus past the 3rd traffic circle on 604) and I saw 4 shooting stars. I wish for what I usually wish for (can’t say – it won’t come true). It was so beauteous. I kinda wish I could be out there in desertland again on Wednesday night, but it is a work night. I’ll try.

Slaps moved into her new chateau this weekend. She bought a friend’s apartment contents which were in storage – something like 100 boxes. Way cool. She’s still going through them. She’s got a nice place – a lot quieter than where she was in the Sheikha Complex. It also doesn’t smell like poop. Maybe I should send the cats over there.

Right before I left, I sent Diana a nice e-mail explaining how I felt about the problem we had at the chalet. No response. Ok fine. Now I know where she stands with me.

Desert Girl say: Life is too short for poorly fitting panties or people who don’t really like you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back DG.

Glad to hear that you had a good time.

Take care girl.

T'Bolt

Slapperella said...

Better to not wear panties... at least the men will like you :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back DG,

I'm glad you are back. I miss reading your blogs when you are away. Especially, since I have made a habit of reading them during my relax time. Therefore, when I don't find a new blog, it feels as though, my relax time is incomplete.
Glad to have you back!