Sunday, February 18, 2007

Not without my bidet

I am going to look for a new car tonight. My lease is up on my Envoy and I’m selling the Babemobile. I didn’t want to take out a 2 year lease on a car because every year, I think I am going to move back to the States (ha ha, as if). I still feel that way.

Although, I think I would miss things like my bidet too much. Who would have thunk it? Let’s be practical, shall we? I’ve been here ten years; I’ve assimilated, integrated, “crossed-over” if you will. I love my bidet. I love the water hoses. I just don’t get that fresh, clean feeling without them. It is just too difficult in the States (without going into details). Oh yeah – there are other things that I would miss too: my friends, the men, the sea, the men, the machboos, the men, little or no utility payments, cheap gas, men, the desert, camels, men, being a blonde in an Islamic country, my friends, men.

I don’t know how I am going to sell my sports car. I won’t have a manual transmission gear stick to feel like I am empowered. I won’t be able to race little boys (in the same fashion as they look at the car with envy – aka “hot eyes”). I’ve got a 325i in the US. I know what it is capable of. I can easily take any little beemer boy driving my Stealth. I think that it is the last twin turbo in the country right now; which is why it scares the bejezuz out of me to drive it with no parts available and a bulls-eye painted on it (invisible -- but painted by destructive jinnis). Anyhooo (heavy sigh), the time has come to part ways.

6 comments:

Jewaira said...

The title is a scream! A definite eyecatcher...

Bidets and cars? I was thinking for a moment that you had a bidet in the car or something!

Desert Girl said...

Jewaira, One can only dream... LOL!

Mark said...

twin turbo? what is your sports car a classic 300zx?

Desert Girl said...

Stealth, but I used to have a 91 300zx which I could kick myself for selling.

Ri said...

This has been a deeply spiritual experience for me.

Desert Girl said...

Shady, Several very naughty responses immediately ran through my mind. I've tried to squash most of them....

Lack of bidets in the States probably is a conspiracy between builders/suppiers and the feminine hygiene product industry to increase sales of Summer's Eve and similar lines. Feminine hygiene product sales are doing billions.