Monday, August 15, 2005

I thought it was hot in Kuwait!

I had a rather uneventful trip to Virginia via Air France (except for the African ladies with gastrointestinal problems). Thank God I didn't take my usual trip via Briddish Airways. I can't believe so many people are stranded. My freinds brother left today for Dallas on BA with a business class ticket for he and his wife and BA called him and told him to bring his own food with him. How pissed off would YOU be if you just plunked down that kinda money and were told to bring tha munchies. Shame on them.

Anyhoo (Purgatory), I arrived here only to find out that it is hotter than Hell (and Kuwait and/or one in the same depending on your perspective). The humidddddidity is around 90% and it is around 99 degrees here. My damn hair looks like Bozo the Clown and I can't breathe. Victoria's Secret doesn't make a bra capable of withstanding both extremes of heat and humidity, and neither does any known make-up brand I am aware of. My mother told me the morning after my arrival that I "look sick" and therefore she is scheduling all kinds of appointments for me. Jeez. Can I take a shower and have a nap first?

Anyhoo, the fam is all faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous, except for my daddy who looks very thin and sleeps all the time. He's 81, however, so I think he should be allowed do to that at his age. The big dogs and the little dog are all fine. My sister and her husband still look like Athletic Barbie and Ken and my nefew is growing like a weed.

It is twilight now and the deer should be coming up to the fence to gnaw on grass. My sister is cooking pizza on the grill next to the pool, so I gotta go.

All said and done, however - it is weird, but I miss Kuwait.

8 comments:

Purgatory said...

of course its hot in VA this time, you should know that, miss anyhoo

Stinni said...

Deer, pizza, grill...you're trying to hurt me, aren't you...

A few summers ago, Cape Cod was in the 90's with 100% humidity. I would have done anything to be back in Kuwait's dry heat.

Hope you enjoy your vacation.

p.s. I got your SMS AFTER you left so just disregard the voice message. Heh.

Desert Girl said...

Purgatory - Yes I did, but I still hate humidddddiddddity.

Stinni - I would never try to hurt you, girl. Eatin crabs and drinkin tequilla. Hope that wasn't too painful! :)

Paprika - Nice to hear from you for the first time. No, unfortunately, I don't know where you can get a Chahuahua in Kuwait. I know that you can order any dog you want from International Vet Hospital (or used to be able to). You might also try to advertise in the paper. Good luck.

Equalizer said...

Missin Kuwait? mmmm I don't know why hehe but OK I guess it depends on your lifestyle :)

Equalizer said...

Oh by the way...grilled pizza? not baked? how come?

Truth Seeker said...

Pizza on the grill... ha!

Zeez Americains seenk zey can improove on ze already perfect!

That said, maybe I could try cooking eggburgers on the hood of a car parked in the sun, in kuwait around noon-time...

Truth Seeker said...

For the love of God! Blog, woman!!

Evil Knievel said...

Missing Kuwait huh ... I'll be honest here ... i did too when i went on vacation back home to germany ... Life here can be so easy.
But that pizza from the grill ... hmm ... I DON'T KNOW ... :P
Muslim Artist ... did your egg burger work out?? Seems like a good idea and might actually work ...

Keep on writing girl!

Nik