Monday, July 18, 2005

Karma, Flying..., and Heat

A big Kuwaiti logistics company is under investigation by the US military for possible violations on procurement/contracting laws. Tee hee tee hee (giggling with glee). Gee, I wonder what they did to deserve that. NOT! Their stocks are taking a nose-dive (tee hee!!!!). Karma, my dear friends. What goes around, comes around. Somehow, someday, some way, those who are unethical (inhumane, evil) and doing illegal things will eventually get BUSTED. Na na naaa na naaa naaaaaaaaaa.

Anyhoo, my life of late has been happy. For some reason, I am receiving the male version of Eddie Murphy's skit on flying (slang word for lower female sexual organ). Maybe I'm having good hair days? Maybe my make-up is good? Maybe… just maybe… it is 150 degrees outside and the male population is just "friendly"??? Go figure. Peaks and valleys. Mens are just walking right up and giving me their business cards. I'm talking about MEN – not boys. Men with real jobs and good titles. Edu-ma-cated mens. I'm not talking about boys who write their number on a little yellow sticky paper and throw it at you. I am talking about MEN who take the time to walk across a room and introduce themselves like normal (for the States). What's going on?

Speaking of hot and bothered: I have got to buy a mobile air conditioner; you know – one of those kind on wheels that you can move around and cool a room. The AC maintenance people have been to my apartment 6 times already this year (I've got central). They are pissin me off! My apartment stays 75 degrees the entire summer. I have to sleep neked with a fan on me (Oh Mr. Invisible – where are you when I need you?).

11 comments:

Purgatory said...

anyhoo is not a word

2 Second Club ® said...

"I have to sleep neked with a fan on me", hmm interesting..

I used to stay all day naked when I was living alone in the states.. even cook naked.. :)

Purgatory said...

that is not good! and not safe
! you should not cook naked, all the germs get into the food and you can get yourself hurt!

Desert Girl said...

Don, cooking neked gets you hurt. So does ironing. after my experiences, I must warn others against it.

Purgatory - did you have to look it up??? LOL!!!! Blog wasn't a word until a few years ago, now was it?

Desert Girl said...

... neither is 'pissin' or 'edu-ma-cated'....

Desert Girl said...

We used to have a pot luck lunch in the States once a month. My boss brought in his famous "naked lasagne". It was a rectangular pan of lasagna, supposedly prepared by him in the nude, with a hole in the middle full of extra cheese. Not a lot of colleagues actually ate Charlie Letourneau's naked lasagne...

Purgatory said...

Yeah but blog sounds like a word, anyhoo does not.

Desert Girl said...

So... anyhoo... I'm not the only person to use that by the way. I just happen to like it. anyhoo...

Purgatory said...

Yeah and I keep telling everyone it is not a word.

Desert Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Desert Girl said...

Panda, with what I know about that company - I wouldn't contribute a fil to them. You want negativity? Write to me (or to my lawyer).