Friday, April 01, 2005

Ah Spring

Yesterday, I drove up to Abdali with my friend and her husband to get a first glimse at their new babies: 2, 10-week-old dachsund puppies. They looked like rats, but even though - they were still cute. She has to wait for another month until they are old enough to wean. The weather was beautiful and all the animals were out and it was a great day, followed by dinner and a movie at my place with lots of friends.

SheeshaGirl has a new man - hopefully, this is the last of the "new man" series for a while. She could invent her own Kuwaiti version of "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". Actually, with her - it is more like 5-7 days. She does ALL the wrong stuff - calling constantly, choosing baby names, determining a date for the wedding, having him meet her parents. I will stop short of "naming his penis" because that is JUST TMI. Anyhow, we met her new man (I'll get to the "we" part) on Tuesday. Since then, they seem to be attached at the hip and for once - it seems to be mutual. He is actually diggin her strategic man intitiatives (all the stuff a girl shouldn't ever do). I think he likes the attention. That's great. Maybe she has met her match.

We both met the guy in about the same timeframe. SheeshaGirl calls me up and said, "This very handsome guy came up to me at (one of our usual hangouts) and said that he had seen me around before and he would like to get to know me better." I said, 'strange - the same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago and I never called the guy. Is his name (Flan)?' It was, indeed, the same guy.

Now, my philosophy is this - if the guy is lonely and approaching women because he doesn't have someone, then perhaps he needs someone in his life. SheeshaGirl was looking for someone to be in her life at the same time. Maybe it was just the right timing. I pushed her to go out with him - even though she wasn't sure. He turned out to be a wonderful guy. I really really like him and feel very comfortable around him. Maybe things will work out for the lonely hearts after all. I hope so.

I've found a new job. I'm happy. They have the one motivating factor that I am looking for: INTEGRITY. I have always said that either someone KNOWS integrity and uses the word as a basis for their actions, or they don't and never will understand its importance. In 2 short weeks, I have put the KGB behind me and am moving on. Things are definately looking up and I think I will be much happier. The new people are listening to what I have to say and have found value in it. I haven't felt valued at work in a long time - on either continent.

Sometimes you meet people who make you question your own values and turn your world upside down - making you see things from a different angle and perspective. It happened to me in December through a course that I took. My boss at the KGB was scheduled to take the course, but then backed out at the last minute and asked me to attend. It was a real eye opening experience. Everything happens for a reason.

2 comments:

Jewaira said...

Congratulations on the new job :)
that wasn't too bad, 2 weeks?

2 Second Club ® said...

I was never in doubt.. Never lost faith.. I knew things will turn OK for you.. I’m happy that you got to feel good after all the turmoil..