Wednesday, January 16, 2019

My Take on US Politics as an 'Murican



So, I hate Trump.  If you know me in "real life" my Facebook page is splattered with smack about Dump.  But I rarely comment on him on the blog (have I ever???  hmmmm.... don't think so).  I'm just so angry lately about how the shutdown is affecting good, decent, hard-working US government employees that I know.  

Can you imagine if the Government was shut down in Kuwait and people were forced to work for no pay?  Eeeeek..... I can't even imagine the mayhem....first of all, the US would start BMCing about "slave labor" (which is exactly what the US is now doing to our own government employees).  Hey Trump, read up on CTIPs and some of our other laws.  They're really great.

Trump is the Manchurian Candidate. He is destroying America piece by piece. The government shutdown is only his most obvious move, but just look at how much destruction he's already done: destruction of environment (don't even get me started about animals and how hunting is allowed on several species...) , deregulating pollution controls, creating tariffs that affect America’s farmers, dividing the country through racism, deregulating corporate regulations, possibility of pulling out of NATO,  pulling out of NAFTA agreements, etc etc....  And the lies:  one lie after another.  I HATE liars!

What does it mean to be a “Manchurian Candidate”?  “A Manchurian candidate is a person, especially a politician, being used as a puppet by an enemy power. The term is commonly used to indicate disloyalty or corruption, whether intentional or unintentional.”  The plot of the original book/movie is similar to that of the recent series, “Homeland.”

And throughout the past 2 years of one Trump-created crisis or scandal after another, what progress has been made in the US? There is not even a solid Administration.  Staff is terminated at whim or they resign because they can’t effectively do their jobs.  In any private business, that would be called management instability.  In this case, it is government instability.

(I saw a segment on this ONLY this morning on CBS... at least people are starting to discuss it....) So, while the government is shut down, there is a distinct lack of cyber controls on all our big systems.  Why?  Because the cyber guardians have been furloughed and aren’t allowed to go to work.  Who is getting in NOW as I write this?  Who is getting into TSA and other security agency IT systems? Can replacement staff be vetted? NO, because that control is shut down too.

Ironically, Trump wants to build a wall or hold America hostage, yet right now NO company/agency/organization can check any worker's nationality/immigration status because eVerify is shut down. Welcome, undocumented workers! Welcome criminals! Come on in. Set the US back a few decades.

What IS eVerify?  “E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).”

I still find it REALLY hard to believe that some of my Kuwaiti friends with dual nationality (yeah, I know - there aren't supposed to be any, right?!)  voted for this chump.  I can't believe that other Muslim friends (and Muslim Americans) voted for this chump. I can't believe that El Cajon voted for the monkey (and that should have been a HUGE red flag).  Their arguments:   "He's good at business."  No he isn't and he's bankrupt all of his companies and bilked investors out of millions.  "He is good at foreign policy."  No, he isn't.  The rest of the world hates the US.    So the argument that everyone made against Hillary - that she hadn't secured the US Embassy in Ben Ghazi and the US Ambassador was killed..   Guess what there is LESS of under Dump?  US Embassy security!  

FAST FOOD served in the White House????  WTF.... I know that getting an invitation to the White House is a huge honor and those who do get invited are expected to show respect and attend. However, this "president" shows no respect for the dignity of his office. He shows no respect for African Americans or any other non-white, non-Christian, non-heterosexual human. So my feeling is - don't go. And then once they went, they were insulted with boxes of cold fast food? Again, they were shown no respect. I wouldn't go to anyone's home - regardless of the real estate - if I didn't respect them or if I had any slight indication that they would treat me badly once there.

Ok, I could go on and on but that's enough.  

I'm turning off comments because.... well shit because I can.