Thursday, February 07, 2019

Kuwait Souvenirs

From Ms. Kookie Colaso on Expat Mums in Kuwait group on Facebook:

"For all those who asks about souvenirs and mementos of Kuwait, there's a full fledged shop in the Souq (Grand Avenues) called FILS. They have absolutely everything. Magnets, tees, caps, key chains, mugs, mesbah, dhows, snow globes, and lots & lots more. Things are pretty reasonably priced too.  Try parking at gate 12 or 15"

Thank you, Kookie, for this post (and thank you to the owners of the FILS shop for their patriotic interest in promoting Kuwait).  I get asked by readers all the time where they can buy souvenirs from Kuwait and my stock response is to direct them to a little shop in Mubarakia which is hard to explain (very small, and I don't know the name of - you can see my dilema).  I remembered seeing FILS in The Avenues, but my memory aint what she used to be.  The shop is back in the souq section where the little Kuwaiti cafe restaurants are.

One would THINK that the great minds at Kuwait International Airport might have shops – you know, similar to Dubai or Qatar or many other countries in the world where they sell souvenirs of that country IN the airport.  Kuwait seems more interested in selling 5 kilo bags of Tang and cigarettes.  Is that how you represent?   Where is the national pride and identity, Kuwait?  C’mon!















Disclaimer:  As I've stated before, I don't get paid or receive any type of compensation for posts like these.  It is just a public service announcement.

No comments: